Hello Guest

Author Topic: Confusing documentation/videos  (Read 4078 times)

ProjectOne

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Confusing documentation/videos
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:25:03 pm »
Hi,
i am finding it confusing trying to learn from documentation and youtube videos as some of the documentation and video content does not match the current state of the toolkit in terms of setting-data where is in the panels etc...

For example I was looking at the pixel perfect video and when you grab the city-line sprite there is a Make Pixel Perfect button but I don't have that button.etc...
I added the pixel perfect help script to the camera but that's it. Also this may be outdated compared to the tk2dcamera? Well dCamera is not persepctive of course.

Could you please make a quick video of starting a new project, and setting things up so that the project uses settings to deal automatically with different iOS resolutions...
add a background, a couple of scrolling parallax layers... a simple player-flying-sprite... some rough enemy sprites and get the thing scrolling

A simple 2D project video would be very beneficial (on top of the current documentation which deals with separate individual topics.) because right now documentation is bitty there is no start to end workflow in it, too much guesswork

Or am i totally wrong?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing documentation/videos
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:08:06 am »
The videos are out of date, I know :( I keep putting off updating it as there is always a "new feature I'm working on" which is going to change the interfaces. I will definitely look into this again after 1.90 is out (new animation interface).

The walkthrough in the docs should cover the basics - I've kinda paced it out so in the end you have a sprite animating. Thanks for the feedback - I'll take that on board when I update it for 1.90.

The main priority is going to be the written docs undoubtedly, it is significantly easier for me to maintain those than the video docs, but I will certainly be updating the now ancient video docs as well. Perhaps with just one quick walkthrough of the core system.

ProjectOne

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing documentation/videos
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:16 am »
Yes I understand is hard to do both at the same time, not enough hours in one day :)

I registered on the forum for the Private Forum, see if you can approve it when you get 5 min
Thanks