Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprite Clipping and Jittering with Vertex Lit Rendering Path  (Read 3303 times)

benedict

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Sprite Clipping and Jittering with Vertex Lit Rendering Path
« on: April 05, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »
We were recently going through trying to optimize our iOS game made with 2D Toolkit. We had released the game using the Forward rendering path. However, we realized we could use the Vertex Lit rendering path so the few lights in the game would perform better.

However, since switching to vertex lit we have problems with several sprites. One of our sprites is mysteriously clipping, and another is jittering up and down while animating.

The cameras are on "Use Player Settings" for the rendering path, and the sprite collection is using the default LitBlendVertexColor shader for its material.

The most frustrating part is that it's only occurring on iOS devices, making it hard to debug. I've attached some screenshots to show the problem –

Editor (correct rendering):

Device (incorrect rendering with clipped right ski):

Let me know if any other info would be helpful. Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite Clipping and Jittering with Vertex Lit Rendering Path
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 12:33:03 pm »
This sounds very much like a Unity bug. I think you'll need to narrow this down and create repro - if reproducible I could take a look - if its a unity bug, a bug report will have to be filed for it to even stand a chance of getting fixed.