Hello Guest

Author Topic: Multiresolution Practice, Guidance Please  (Read 3946 times)

Phuzz

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Multiresolution Practice, Guidance Please
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:18:41 pm »
So as usual, Developing a game for Android stumbles upon multiple resolution support, I am following a practice where I don't know if its efficient enough or is completely wrong, I am not an experienced programming as I am using visual scripting for my game.

I am using the 2DtkCamera Overrides "Match by Aspect Ratio" to support different aspect ratios, 16:9 - 16:10 - 5:3 , I am setting the HUD and UI to camera anchors and Using Manual Scaling to get the display to look right, so far inside Unity everything seems to work perfect and looks perfect, I do not have the proper devices to test on all resolutions, is this way efficient? any tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Thank you

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiresolution Practice, Guidance Please
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »
There is no correct way to do this. If it works for you, then please go for it :) Theres no major going to arise from any way you use this - if you see the correct results, you can assume its working correctly for you.

One thing to note - I'd prefer to use actual resolutions over aspect ratios, and have one wildcard one at the end to handle "everything else".