Hello Guest

Author Topic: All Textures gets low quality when switching and exporting to Flash  (Read 5979 times)

marcosramos

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong, because i've seen other people getting their textures perfect on flash, but i just can't find any set of options to make this work. It just gets horrible, it's not even acceptable. It works just fine in standalone and web player, but unfortunatly my project has to be in flash, and it's the only one not working!

Quality settings does not affect anything at all, and in atlas all images are in perfect resolution, when it gets in the game that it gets messy, even in editor.

I'm using everything without any compression, and got the quality settings to fantastic. The images are not deformed, and eveything seems correct. And I'm using point sample. I just can't see any other settings  to change to get things a little better.

(I've seen you guys sugesting something about pixel perfect setting, but i don't know what is it.)

The second problem that is really annoying is that some ghost borders are poping in random images ingame, and i don't know where they come from (they don't show up in editor unless i set filter to bilenar or trilinear). I've checked that background of the atlas and it's set to Color.Clear so, i'm out of ideas to solve it.

I'm ataching the images from a standalone build, a flash build, and the borders problem. Thanks for any help.

marcosramos

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: All Textures gets low quality when switching and exporting to Flash
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »
Aparently for my first problem, i created all my collections when the platform was web player, i tried creating the collecion on Flash Player platform, and it got a  lot better. It's acceptable at least. The second problem still persists.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:40 pm »
Can you send me a repro case for the second one? It would save a lot of back and forth if possible. support@unikronsoftware.com if possible, if not just post here and I'll post some things to try.

marcosramos

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:19:07 pm »
Sorry to say that the first one was solved. Me as a programmer thought it was accpetable. Turns out the artist said that's not even close to it. So the first problem persists. The procedure to recreate the collections improved like 5%, rechecking it i can tell now that it's almost the same, changing the filter mode to bilinear improved the bgs without texts, so instead of a pixelation effect, it got a blurry effect that tricked me to think it was better, but it was just bad in another way  :(.

If you can point me to anything that might work i'd gladly do. Sorry for that.

A Repro? What exactly?

marcosramos

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:34:32 pm »
Well i got something for you!  :D

It did got better so i'm not gettin crazy. The fact is that when i created a collection with a single image it got almost perfect, even the artist said! But when i added the other backgrounds to that collection all images got horrible ingame, while in the atlas it's still perfect.

Here's what happened:
   - The atlas is at start 4096, because this collection will hold bgs, whitch are big.
   - I add one single image to that collection.
   - I place that one image image ingame, the image seems perfect.
   - I add the other bgs to that background collection, the image that i placed ingame gets horrible, and all images that i add ingame after that are horrible as well.

I hope i'm not adding too much info!

Thanks for your help.

I will try to solve this today, if i can't, tomorrow i will have to create single image collections for all my bgs, whitch will be a pain. But i have to set this game beautiful until tommorow night!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:39:47 pm by marcosramos »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »
I believe the max texture size on stage3d (flash) is 2048x2048. So if your original texture gets any bigger than that it is likely to be downscaled. This will explain both the image quality & the seam you see - insufficient padding and lower resolution will manifest as seams at edges.

marcosramos

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:51 am »
But of course!!

That makes sense. I won't use any atlas bigger than 2048!
It will make my work at least 50% less.
Thank you for that.

After i do this, and rebuild i will test again about those ghost borders to see if it persists. If it does what should i do about that "repro" that you asked me to send you? Do you want a Swf build with tre problem?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:11:28 am »
If you still have issues with the border, I would appreciate if you could build and email to me a basic case reproducing the error. I can look into it and work out what's gone wrong a lot quicker.

marcosramos

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:13:11 am »
Thank you! If it does persist i will gladly do it.