Hello Guest

Author Topic: Question on tileMap Colliders  (Read 4323 times)

Mmarzex

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Question on tileMap Colliders
« on: August 14, 2013, 04:06:11 pm »
So I'm setting up colliders on a tilemap where I imported a tmx file for it and I am noticing that for some reason once I get near the end of the dimension of the map if I try and collide with a tile that I have setup for it the player just falls through, that being said though I have the same tile placed at the beginning of the map it works just fine but not at the end. Is this a known issue?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question on tileMap Colliders
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:59 pm »
No, there isn't an issue with colliders not working at a different position of the tilemap, but you should probably check that the colliders are actually hitting by rotating the camera and looking at the depths.

Mmarzex

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »
I checked them and they are fine. It is literally with any tile after a certain point it stops working, I don't understand why that is. I did a map with just one line of a colliding square tile and it works fine up until it gets to the second chunk of the tile layer and then it doesn't matter what tile, the player will always fall through. I can't see why it should be doing that if the collider is setup.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »
I can't think of why it would do that either. The demo scene has a pretty big tilemap and it seems to work throughout.
Send a repro case to support at unikronsoftware.com and I can take a look.

Mmarzex

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »
You mean you want me to send you a repo link of my project, or just steps I took to get it to where the issue occurs?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 06:15:33 pm »
I think I've just replied to your email - it was a repro project so I can see what the issue is specifically in your project.