Hello Guest

Author Topic: Game does not display properly in webplayer  (Read 4827 times)

Mezcaholic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Game does not display properly in webplayer
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:12:17 am »
My game has no issue in desktop(PC) deployment but on the webplayer it only displays my background sprites.  I've attached two images for clarity.  The background is a GameObject that has a 2k2dSprite prefab component. The gamplay piece is a GameObject with a few prefabs of its own.

Doesn't make sense why the gameplay doesn't show up but maybe it is something obvious.

Thanks for any help,
-E

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Game does not display properly in webplayer
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:29:59 am »
What are the z values on the sprites? Are they close? If so, try moving em back abit.
Also, try disabling thebackground to see what draws when the background isn't present...

Mezcaholic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »
I tried turning off the background first, and then I put the sprites at the same z level as the background and still no dice.  They just won't show up on the webplayer but just fine on desktop.

I don't get it.  I'll keep digging but it's not making sense.

-E

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:51 pm »
It doesn't make any sense to me either - your code isn't bombing out is it? Might be worth attaching the debugger to see if its hitting an exception somewhere.

Mezcaholic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:23 am »
I am using UnityVS which doesn't seem to like the webplayer and I don't know how else to debug.  All I can think of is that the Mono available to the webplayer is not on part with the desktop.  So maybe using, partial classes or method extensions or something else I use in my Sudoku code compiled separately isn't agreeing with it.  I'll try to see if it makes a dump file somewhere to get more clues.

-E

Mezcaholic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:47:24 am »
Well, I tracked it down.  I am loading a puzzle from a test file right now and this does not work from the webplayer.  If I disable that and just instantiate an empty board it displays just fine.  I'll figure out how to get that to work or a way around it.  Thanks and apologies for the fire drill.

-E