Hello Guest

Author Topic: [Solved] Sprite colors not importing correctly  (Read 3967 times)

PeterHellmuth

• View Profile
[Solved] Sprite colors not importing correctly
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »
[edit] hahaha, as expected I'm retarded. Once I hit "commit" the sprite resolved to the correct colors... left the post below for anyone else to reference.

Hi, I'm having this problem that I'm 99% sure isn't TK2D's fault, but I still can't figure it out >_>

I'm importing two images for sprites (see attached for the original files) and one is importing correctly, but the other is losing its colors. I'm sure this is something stupid on my end, but I can't tell what the difference is between these two images (if only I could remember what I did differently for the first one xP). If I look at the image properties they both seem to have the same bit depth, and I'm saving the 2nd image in RGB mode (using aseprite).

Here's the difference when they import into the sprite collection:

The first attachment that imports correctly.

What happens to the second attachment.

Finally if I open my original aseprite file and try to save a new png and import it, I get this third result (better but still incorrect)...

Thanks for any help, I know this probably isn't even TK2D related but I don't know who else to ask >_>
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:13:47 pm by PeterHellmuth »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] Sprite colors not importing correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »
This is because Unity defaults to importing as compressed by default. When you commit, the sprite collection builder fixes this up when building for the first time, which is why you saw it change then.