Hello Guest

Author Topic: UI looks scrambled  (Read 5523 times)

crjenkins

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
UI looks scrambled
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:10:24 am »
Hello, I'm very new to the 2D Toolkit. I tried out the UI Manager by clicking on the demo scene given and on my screen it looks like the UI is scrambled.

Is there any way to fix this?

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: UI looks scrambled
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:54:15 am »
Pretty sure this is the problem, see here:

Ok for some reason the font is getting wiped. Open up the UIDemoSpriteCollection sprite collection, and then under the "fonts" category, you'll see an entry labelled "Empty". Click on it, and in the "BM Font" slot, drag in "OldSansBlack". Commit and everything should work again. Not sure why its lost the reference - that file has been there for a long time.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:22 am »
Is it broken importing into a brand new / empty Unity project? If so, what version of Unity is this on, and did you import any default packages when creating the project?

Profanicus has the correct solution there - that will fix the issue, but I've still not identified the cause, as it seems to work for some people and not others.

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:34:51 am »
For me it is broken in a brand new empty project (no other packages loaded) with the asset store hotfix 2 version, and with the tilemap pre-release. Win 64 Unity 4.1.4f1.

edit: tested on my Mac as well, same versions and same scrambled result.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:43:17 am by profanicus »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »
Thanks. I'll investigate that. Could be something specific to that branch - it seems fine on my current branch. Or... it could be something that breaks when upgrading to 4.x, as its being developed primarily in 3.x....

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »
I have a 3.5 install, and the same package works fine on that.

I can't see how it would make much difference, but just in case - my 3.5 is a pro license and my 4 is free license.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »
It shouldn't make any difference if its installed on free or pro. I'll try setting up that link again for the next release. Hopefully, that will fix it.