Hello Guest

Author Topic: [FIXED] Whack-A-Mole: Sprites Z-order in Scene corrupt, but fine in game view  (Read 4277 times)

Freeze!

• View Profile
Hi all,

I'm a newbie Unity programmer from Germany, and I stumbled about 2D Toolkit and instantly bought it (because I only released 2D games for iOS / Android so far, using Corona Labs SDK).

As a starting point I played around with the WhackAMole tut, and I like it!

But one thing I just don't get:

Even when all the z coords for the sprites are correct, the z order of the sprites in the editor view is corrupt:

Please see screenshot "WhackAMole-Sprites1.png".

It shows the unchanged tutorial files, "landscape" is z = 10, "sky" is z = 11 and still the sky is shown on top of the landscape.

But when I switch to the game view everything is in order, see screenshot "WhackAMole-Sprites2.png"

I'm sorry, I didn't find anything about it in the older postings, so I must be missing something really obvious here (at least obvious for everybody else...).

Thanks and best,
Andreas
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:02:42 pm by Freeze! »

gary-unikronsoftware

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hi Freeze,

It is most likely due to you looking at the Scene view in Perspective.  Turn the perspective off and set the view to 'Back', and the Scene view should now show you the game objects correctly sorted and how you will see them in the game.

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Thanks.

Freeze!

• View Profile
Hi Gary,

I tried to switch 'perspective' off (it went to 'iso') before, and didn't get the result needed.

But switching to 'back' did the trick! Thanks a lot!

And I'm blasted away by your lightning fast support!

Best,
Andreas