Hello Guest

Author Topic: Endless Rebuilding Index  (Read 5032 times)

kingkai999

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Endless Rebuilding Index
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:48 pm »
Hi, I'm using version 2.3 and I'm getting this long loop of rebuilding index popup every time I select a sprite object from hierarchy. I read in previous post that this is fixed issue so I don't understand why I'm getting this error.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Rebuilding Index
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:09:00 pm »
The one thing that can cause this to happen is if your project has broken metadata, or if script references were broken when you upgraded. What version were you on before you updated, and have you run the integrity checker
 to make sure your project is sound?

kingkai999

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:14:03 pm »
I was on 2.2 before and integrity checker comes back as success.

I'm currently building a tool for artist to populate a scene from a file generated from Flash. this tool will take spritecollection and set custom anchor points according to the layout file and create spritecollectiondata prefab, which will get delivered to engineers along with layout file to create a scene. I've moved all tk2d asset files created in this process to new project and that's when this error pops up.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:53:06 pm »
How did you move the files? Is the metadata / contents of the prefabs correct after moving?

kingkai999

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:35:10 pm »
just copy and paste.
when I commit spritecollection editor, it created a Data folder containing all necessary spritecollectiondata prefabs. All I moved was those spritecollection data files along with tk2d folder containing tk2dSystem and other tk2dResource files referring multi res spritecollectiondata files.

Do I also need to move resource pngs and spritecollection file?

kingkai999

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »
also all metadata/ content looks fine after move.
I commented out line 388 in tk2dSpriteGuiUtility.cs to stop rebuilding process so I can examine contents I brought it and everything looks fine to me.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 10:45:55 pm »
That all sounds very weird. If the relevant data is there, it should update correctly unless something is seriously broken in one of the classes.

Perhaps its missing it for some reason? What happens if you create a new sprite, then drag the sprite collection data onto the drop down menu (next to the "E" button)? You should be able to drag & drop on there.

Does it help if you rebuild index, restart unity and then try it again?

kingkai999

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:19:47 am »
I'm still running into this issue here.
I did create a new sprite and were able to drag the sprite collection data and sprite is changed to one of sprites in the collection. However, I no longer able to use drop down.
When there's only one or two sprites in sprite collection data, I was able to make that error msg go away by rebuilding index, but when there are bunch of sprites in sprite collection data rebuilding index did no good. it keep saying "Rebuilt 3 resources for tk2dSystem"

kingkai999

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 01:09:46 am »
ok. I think I got this all taken care of. I must have removed .meta files, which might have caused all these issues I'm having.