Hello Guest

Author Topic: Scaling different between two sprite sets  (Read 4019 times)

Madrayken

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Scaling different between two sprite sets
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:58:02 pm »
I have 2 sprites - both near identical in size - in two different sprite sets (say 'MonsterBits->MonsterHead' and 'PlayerBits->PlayerHead'. I am finding that they display at vastly different sizes, despite the scaling being (1,1,1) in the sprite set, the instances of the sprites and the parent Transform.

If I, for example, switch the sprite in the editor from one sprite set to the other, it alters its size enormously, indicating that there is something intrinsic in the sprite set itself that is re-scaling things.

I'm really stuck and would rather not do any kludging to make them work.

Any ideas how this can happen?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Madrayken

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling different between two sprite sets
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »
One thing that could be responsible is that the 'inv ortho size' for the two sprite collections is vastly different-> One is 1.0 and the other is 0.1 (the weirdly bigger sprites).

[Edit: That was it. I didn't realise the Ortho size was set differently between the two! I don't remember changing it!]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:24:49 pm by Madrayken »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling different between two sprite sets
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:53:46 am »
This may have been caused by creating these at different times, at some point we switched default size to 10 to play better with physics. So if you created the sprite collections with different version of tk2d, it might have ended up creating them with 2 different settings. Otherwise you might have accidentally changed it at some point too :D