Hello Guest

Author Topic: Beginner Tilemap Question  (Read 5075 times)

Charles256

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Beginner Tilemap Question
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:42:14 am »
http://www.unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/doc/tilemap/tutorial.html

The tutorial ends by basically saying left click on a tile and then left click in the scene view. If you do that in unity 4 left clicking in scene view without clicking on anything just deselects everything and doesn't paint any tiles. I'm sure I'm missing a minor step in between. If anyone could enlighten me or even just link me to something I missed it'd be much appreciated. I tried searching the forum for about twenty minutes but I couldn't find the right keywords to bring up this exact issue.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Tilemap Question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:44:10 am »
You will need to click inside the rectangle outlining the tilemap boundaries. Clicking outside will deselect. You should also see the tilemap cursor (a rectangle) follow your mouse cursor. If not, select the tilemap object, press F to focus on it to bring it into view.

Charles256

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:15:34 am »
It doesn't appear to have any physical size in scene view. I select "TileMap" from the Hierarchy panel and hit Command F to find it. No rectangle of boundaries appear. I have the position at 0,0,0 which is where the tk2dCamera is at. I tried adjusting the scale on the tile map to see if that did anything but it doesn't appear to. I've attached a screen shot in case that helps. I'm sure this is something I'm doing that's silly so I especially appreciate any help while I get on my feet so to speak.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 08:23:20 am »
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Not like this any way.
I'll try to reproduce this later today. If I can't, would it be possible to send a repro case to support@unikronsoftware.com?

Charles256

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:09:41 am »
Unikron,

I recreated the project and imported only the 2dtoolkit and 2dtoolkit ui along with the first person controller, re-followed the steps and it seems to have worked fine. It even works on my other project today. I'm going to blame it on incompetence of myself. My advice to anyone that stumbles upon this thread, start over again and see if round 2 goes better.