Hello Guest

Author Topic: Few Questions or requests.  (Read 4277 times)

Prideravanok

• View Profile
Few Questions or requests.
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »
Hello, First Love the toolkit, Well worth every penny. I am new to unity and i got it in hopes of making 2d games. So i am very grateful and very newb. Please bare with me.

Questions

1) Is there a movement demo? Or a built in asset to aid us with this. Topdown movement as well as side scrolling movement. (If not it would be great to have an example)

2)Sprite fliping with FlipX flips my little guy off his player controller and hes able to hide behind the tiles in the map.. Is there a better way to sprite flip?

3)alot of artist and sprite sheets i have commissioned and come by have all the animations in 1 sheet. However i notice the sprite collection is able to split the whole sheet. My question here is. Can i use the sprite collection to make an animation?

4) I got my toolkit this month however its telling me i cannot download an update. Did i do something wrong?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Few Questions or requests.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:59:36 am »
Hi,

1. Movement isn't specific to 2D Toolkit, you would just use a character controller or something else to move stuff using physics, or a rigid body like in the tile map demo, or this top down example: http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/topic,2476.0.msg12395.html#msg12395.

2. Make sure the anchor of your sprite is it at the middle. It sounds like its on a corner in your case.

3. You can't create an animation out of the sprite sheets directly, simply import into a sprite collection and make an animation there.

4. You probably haven't signed in to the asset store? Try signing in and try again. Or register here (http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php?index.php/topic,34.0.html) and you'll be able to download updates here.

Prideravanok

• View Profile
Re: Few Questions or requests.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:29 pm »
Thank you so much.