Hello Guest

Author Topic: Lost my sprite collections.. bug?  (Read 4365 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Lost my sprite collections.. bug?
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:47:09 am »
I was cleaning up my file structure and moved one of my texture folders into a different directory. Little did I know it disconnected everything from the sprite collection and I've lost my entire atlas. The sprite collection still exists of course, but it is completely empty with no way of getting it back. Is this supposed to happen or is this a bug? I'm using the latest beta posted (1.75 beta 3).

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my sprite collections.. bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:03:05 am »
Did you move it outside the Unity interface? If so, this is expected, and there isn't much you can do apart from recreating it somehow (go into debug mode in the sprite collection object, the textureRefs array needs to be populated with the textures in the right order). This is because it uses GUIDs to link textures to the sprite collection, and if you moved it outside the interface, Unity will assign it different GUIDs.

Otherwise, you should be able to move it anywhere without any problems from within the interface.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my sprite collections.. bug?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:45 pm »
Yea..I feared it was because I made the move in Finder rather than inside Unity. Well, I've recreated them and will never make that mistake again. Thanks.