Hello Guest

Author Topic: ScrollableArea Space Between Items  (Read 4524 times)

itjunkii

• View Profile
ScrollableArea Space Between Items
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:20:14 am »
Hi,

I have tried to take the ScrollableArea demo scene and insert it into my current 2D scene in Unity 4.3.4f1.

I attached this to my main camera:

Then I reconstructed ScrollableArea demo exactly as your scene has it.

The Auto scrollable area is working however the spacing between items is off. The first items are much farther apart and as I reach the end of the items the space gets smaller and smaller.

How can I get the space between items to become consistent?

Here is an image of what it looks like:

First Items:

Last Items:

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ScrollableArea Space Between Items
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:28 am »
Can't say I've seen that before. Can you email the scene / attach it here? Will make it a lot easier to work out whats going on.

itjunkii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:14:27 am »
Hello!

Well....this is weird, I loaded Unity for the first time since I sent this and now the scene refuses to run. Claims that I need to have a tk2dCamera and tk2dUIManager in the scene.

I tried to do two cameras - tk2d in the foreground and normal Unity in the BG. Is this ok to do? It appears it will allow me to use the UI components in conjunction with my other camera.

Would love your advice on if this is a bad idea in the long run.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:19:28 am by itjunkii »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:50:13 am »
You can have 2 cameras no problem. The scene is complaining that you need a tk2dUICamera script attached to the UI camera, right? Do you have that script on the camera?

I just had a look at that scene, seems to wryk fine. Unless I"m missing something - obviously I can't see the ForgeSpark_Chopped or ScrollableUI as I don't have them objects. Maybe that has some relevance to having it break? Try to import the scene into an empty project with tk2d - I will need something that demonstrates the issue to help :)

itjunkii

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 04:05:01 am »
Ok cool, i'm going to run with the 2 camera approach for now. Those scrollables are looking pretty slick so why not!

Thank you as always for the first class support.